As most of you know Tyler has had some sort of a cold since about January. We've taken him back to the doctor multiple times to have him checked, but they usually tell us we are doing everything we can for him and there isn't any they can give him right now. Over the past few days, Tyler's cough has gotten progressively worse. He coughs so hard he gags/chokes himself at the end. I noticed he was wheezing a bit yesterday after I picked him up from daycare so I called his doctor's office to see if there are any other symptoms I need to be keeping an eye out for so he doesn't wind up with pneumonia. The nurse suggested we bring him in to be checked, so we took the 7:50 appointment and headed out the door. when we first got to the office they did a quick check of Tyler's weight. With all his clothes on was a hefty 16lbs 11oz - ha. After his weigh in we sat in the exam room for a few minutes where Tyler discovered the fun crinkly sounding paper that was draped over the exam table. He did a pretty good job of tearing it up. After a few minutes, Dr. Christian (who I love) examined Tyler and said he was definitely wheezing and she wanted to try a Nebulizer treatment with Albuterol. She said Tyler also still have fluid in his ears and it was a little cloudy, so instead of waiting for it to turn into an infection she prescribed him some Amoxicillian to take 2x a day for 7 days. After the Nebulizer treatment, Dr. Christian rechecked Tyler and said he already sounded a bit clearer, so he is now doing a treatment 3x a day for the next 5 days. He goes back tomorrow for a follow-up to see how his breathing is doing. Of course Tyler never passes up a photo op when a camera is present. I just love this little boy!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Finally some medicine for the sick baby...
Posted by Kelly at 12:24 PM
Labels: Tyler William
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
On of my co-workers has a son who uese on a nebulizer. At almost 3, he's a little more wiggly and mobile than Tyler. He's much more cooperative when he wears a fireman hat and pretends it's his air mask. :)
He is such a little trooper. Maybe this will be the beginning of his kicking the nasty old cold! He is quite the little ham when there is a camera involved-ha! Doesn't matter what the occassion!!!!!!!
I'm so glad he's on the path to getting better. he is such a little ham, I love it!!
He is always smiling!! He must be a very happy baby!
Jennifer Wheeler
Post a Comment