Layout

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What has two thumbs and was admitted to the hospital?

Well it all started yesterday when I went in for my regular 30 week check-up with my OB. The Terbutaline I was taking to reduce my contractions stopped working and I started getting contractions consistently every 4 - 5 minutes that morning. My doctor did an internal exam and I am still not dilating which is great news, but she did send me over to the hospital to be monitored. Once there the monitor showed I was contracting every 5 minutes. I was given two shots of the Terbutaline and two pills of a new medicine called Procardia. Procardia is actually a blood pressure medicine, but it is also used to treat pre-term labor. After all of that I was still contracting on a regular basis, so they admitted me over night. The contractions eventually began to subside and were registering about once every forty minutes. I was released around 8am this morning. I am still getting contractions, so I am monitoring them at home. My doctor officially put me on bedrest effective today through at least October 12th. Fortunately it is modified bedrest, so I am not confined to bed 24/7. Fun times!

Here are a couple of pictures Tim took yesterday.


Here I am being monitored.



















Here is a picture showing my contractions (on the bottom) and Tyler's heartbeat (on the top).














Another picture of my contractions on the monitor, also registering the fact Tim was making me laugh the entire time. :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

oh my goodness :( im so so sorry. this is horrible. i need to get my license so i can come visit you. praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there for a little while longer Doodlebug!!!!! You can do it!

Adrienne said...

Hi Tim and Kelly! Thank you for sharing the blog. It's great to follow your adventures. I hope that Kelly and baby stay well. And Kelly, I have a latch hook rug that I've been meaning to finish for years, maybe that can keep you busy while you are on bedrest :)